Check out some local makers and do some shopping for the holiday season at the Annual Winter Market! Wake up early to join the conversation with the North Vancouver Chamber and share your thoughts on transportation options! Take a little time for yourself to relax while enjoying a classic Bach Christmas concert and joining de-stress events hosted by the Capilano Students’ Union!
- De-Stress week — The Capilano Students’ Union presents events all week to help you de-stress during your exam preparation. Take in some yoga, a movie or pet some dogs to help take away the stress! — Library building (CSU members lounge LB195), check the CSU calendar for event days and times.
- Program information meeting & open houses — Want to learn more about programs at CapU? Attend one of the many open houses, general info nights and program information meetings offered throughout the year! Upcoming sessions:
- Tourism Management & Outdoor Recreation info night — Birch building (BR126) on Tuesday, Nov. 28 at 7 p.m.
- FUN-ding Your Education — Planning for your education can feel complicated, but figuring out how to pay for it doesn’t have to be. This workshop will provide you with a roadmap of the financial options available and help you get started on creating your own educational financial plan. — Library Building (LB321) on Tuesday, Nov. 28 at 2 p.m.
- Transportation Forum: Economy in Gridlock — Transportation is the #1 issue facing businesses in North Vancouver. Join us for a conversation with CEO of Translink Kevin Desmond and transportation expert Dr. Anthony Perl. Learn about the available options and take advantage of the opportunity to ask questions and get real answers. Feedback from the conversation at this event will be compiled and shared with key decision makers on behalf of our business community. This is your chance to have your voice heard! Registration with the North Vancouver Chamber is required to attend this event. The event is being co-sponsored by Executive Education and Capilano University. — Bosa Theatre on Wednesday, Nov. 29 at 7 a.m.
- Annual Winter Market — The 2017 Winter Market is a seasonal gathering that showcases local innovation and creativity and demonstrates how business can be used as a force of good to implement change. Tell me: who made your shirt? Join us at this year’s Winter Market to find out. Come socialize with friends, take a break from studying, do a little shopping and meet your makers! — Birch Cafeteria on Thursday, Nov. 30 at 10:30 a.m.
- Bach’s Christmas Oratorio — Capilano University Festival Chorus, Capilano University Singers, Soloists and Orchestra, with Conductor Lars Kaario, present a sparkling seasonal favourite that will ignite your Christmas spirit. — The Blueshore at CapU on Saturday, Dec. 2 at 8 p.m. and Sunday, Dec. 3 at 3 p.m.
Submitted by Communications & Marketing