It’s an historic week at Capilano University, as the campus community gets a first peek at our new brand! Be sure to come celebrate with us at the brand reveal event. As the term comes to a close, stress levels tend to ramp up. Consider dropping in to a yoga, relaxation or mindfulness meditation class this week to bring back that Zen feeling!
- Capilano University Brand Reveal — After a seven-month journey of discovery, review and creative refinement, we are excited to reveal the new face of Capilano University. Approved by the Capilano University Board of Governors, this bold new brand is a capstone in Capilano University’s history. Come see the new brand and celebrate with us! Thursday, November 24
- Financial Aid Workshops — This free workshop series offered by the Financial Aid and Awards Office is designed to help you understand financial assistance such as loans and awards, and ultimately achieve financial well-being. Upcoming workshop:
- Understanding Student Loan Repayment – Tuesday, November 22
- Student Success Workshops — This free workshop series offered by Counselling Services and Learning Skills Services is designed to give you the skills and tools to achieve personal and academic success! Check out this week’s workshops:
- Last day for Spring 2017 Registration and Waitlisting — November 23, 2016. For further details, please view the complete Academic Schedule.
- Program information meeting & open houses — Want to learn more about programs at Cap? Attend one of the many open houses, general info nights and program information meetings offered throughout the year! Upcoming sessions:
- Explore Capilano Info Night – Wednesday, November 23
- Bosa Centre for Film & Animation Open House – Saturday, November 26
- ChatLive — This informal discussion series explores a broad cross-section of provocative ideas and issues drawn from the many different academic disciplines represented on campus. Come meet new people, engage in thought-provoking discussion and eat free pizza! Registration recommended, but drop-in’s are welcome! Next session:
- Superheroes vs. Antagonists – English instructor, Carlos Reyes hosts a discussion on how alternative comics make curious heroes from life’s ordinary anguish. Thursday, November 24
- Final Week: A Christmas Carol — Cap’s resident theatre company, Exit 22 productions, presents this highly inventive circus adaptation of the classic Dickens tale, A Christmas Carol. The show features an Edwardian company of shabby and third rate travelling players and clowns about to enact the Dickens story. The troupe soon discovers that the actors playing Scrooge and Tiny Tim have abandoned the tour; so the prop person eagerly volunteers for the part of Tim while the cynical stage manager must be forcibly drafted to play the old miser. A perfect show for all ages and the season. Show runs until November 27
- Drop-in Fitness Classes — Have you had a chance to check out the Sportsplex yet? Join us at one of the many fitness classes offered each week. Drop-in’s are welcome!
- Michael Occhipinti & The Sicilian Project with Special Guest Pilar — Presented with The Cultch in association with the Italian Cultural Centre, Michael Occhipinti’s JUNO-nominated Sicilian Jazz Project has been dazzling audiences worldwide with its intriguing mix of Sicilian folk material and the best elements of jazz, world music, funk, blues, reggae and chamber music. The band will be joined by special guest artist, the versatile and exceptional Rome-based Italian singer-songwriter, Pilar. Friday, November 25
Submitted by Communications & Marketing