Explore something new at International Education Week, keep our campus healthy by joining the evasive plant pull or suit up and flex your networking muscles! Start your weekend plans with a volleyball game or a magical theatre production! So much to do this week at CapU!
International Education Week — Join a week-long exploration of how we’re connecting in transit around the world. Celebrate countries and cultures spanning continents and time zones through dialogue, interactive booths, film, artifacts, food and world music. — Various locations around campus, Nov. 14-17.
- Program information meeting & open houses — Want to learn more about programs at CapU? Attend one of the many open houses, general info nights and program information meetings offered throughout the year! Upcoming sessions:
- Health Care Assistant info meeting — Fir building (FR205) on Tuesday, Nov. 14 at 4 p.m.
- ChatLive: What Role Can Images Play in a “Post-Truth” World? — ChatLive is a series of informal, face-to-face discussions over lunch (FREE PIZZA!) where you can explore interesting ideas with other students. Facilitated by a different faculty member(s) each week, we discuss thought-provoking topics and current issues. All CapU students are welcome. — Library building (LB188) on Thursday, Nov. 16 at 11:30 a.m.
- EarthWorks: Invasive species plant pull — Join in pulling up weeds and other invasive plant species such as knotweed, giant hogweed and ivy. Bring your own gloves and dress for the weather! — Thursday, Nov. 16 at 11:30 a.m.
- Suit Up: A School of Business Networker and Social — Come and enjoy an evening of food, drinks, networking and great door prizes! Mingle with your fellow CapU classmates, alumni and instructors and gain some guidance for your future. Tickets are $10 each. — Library Building (Capilano Student Union lounge) on Thursday, Nov. 16 at 5:30 p.m.
- Volleyball: Capilano University Blues vs. Camosun — Come out and support the Blues! — Sportsplex on Friday, Nov. 17 at 6 p.m. (women) and 8 p.m. (men) AND Saturday, Nov. 18 at 1 p.m. (women) and 3 p.m. (men).
- Peter and the Starcatcher — An Exit 22 Company production. Ever wonder how Peter Pan got his name? Or how he met Tinkerbell? In this swashbuckling prequel to Peter Pan, actors play pirates, mermaids, jungle denizens – and of course, the beloved Lost Boys. It’s 1885 — the reign of Queen Victoria — and two ships are about to set sail: The Neverland and The Wasp. The latter is commandeered by Lord Aster and tasked with delivering a trunk of precious cargo to Rundoon. But another trunk is bound for The Neverland, along with three orphans — a nameless Boy with his friends Prentiss and Ted — and Lord Aster’s daughter and her nanny. Once at sea, The Wasp is taken over by the most feared pirate of the seven seas, Black Stache! It’s a rollicking tale of friendship, daring and the search for the leader in us all. — The BlueShore at Cap, Nov. 16-25.
Submitted by Communications & Marketing