Exams are done — you did it! Celebrate by checking out the work of your peers and going to a Cap Jazz Series concert. Happy summer!
- Cap grads showcase talents — The showcases continue! Here’s what you can check out this week:
- IDEA Reflections 2017 Poster Show and Sale — Tuesday, April 25 to Sunday, May 14, Ferry Building Gallery, 1414 Argyle Avenue, West Vancouver
- Costuming for Stage and Screen graduation showcase — Friday, May 5 to Saturday, May 6, Bosa Centre Studio B
- Program information meeting & open houses — Want to learn more about programs at Cap? Attend one of the many open houses, general info nights and program information meetings offered throughout the year! Upcoming sessions:
- Business Administration Certificate Program info session — Thursday, May 4, Sunshine Coast campus
- Fee payment deadline for Summer 2017 — The fee payment deadline is May 1 at 4 p.m. Full payment must be received by the Cashier’s Office to avoid deregistration. For further details, please view the complete Academic Schedule.
- Cap Jazz Series: Bill Charlap Trio — Born into a musical family in New York, Grammy-winning musician Bill Charlap started playing piano at the age of three. Like many pianists, he cut his teeth in the classical world but soon fell into jazz and never looked back. Now, as one of the world’s premiere jazz pianists, he has performed with many of the great artists of our time, from Phil Woods to Gerry Mulligan and Wynton Marsalis to Tony Bennett, whose recent collaboration with Charlap won them a Grammy for ‘Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album.’ Charlap is known for his interpretations of American popular songs and has recorded albums featuring the music of Hoagy Carmichael, Leonard Bernstein and George Gershwin. In 1997, Charlap formed the Bill Charlap Trio with bassist Peter Washington and drummer Kenny Washington (no relation), and is now recognized as one of the leading groups in jazz. Friday, May 5, Kay Meek Theatre, 1700 Mathers Ave., West Vancouver
Submitted by Communications & Marketing