It’s that time of year to set yourself up for a successful 2017! Attend a Student Success Workshop, or join us for a weekly meditation to learn and practice mindfulness. We also have a workshop this week to learn how to apply for awards, so you can discovery funding you don’t have to pay back!
- Student Success Workshops – The Counselling Services and Learning Skills Services, offer a number of free workshops designed to provide students with the skills and tools they need to achieve both personal and academic success. Upcoming workshop:
- Mindfulness Meditation – Weekly Learn and Practice Sessions
- Program information meeting & open houses — Want to learn more about programs at Cap? Attend one of the many open houses, general info nights and program information meetings offered throughout the year! Upcoming sessions:
- Study Abroad Info Session – Tuesday, January 10
- Free Cap Classics Concert – Saxophilia Saxophone Quartet. Come experience Vancouver’s premiere saxophone quartet performing a light program of energetic and rhythmically pulsating music! Julia Nolan, soprano saxophone, Kris Covlin, alto saxophone, David Branter, tenor saxophone and Colin MacDonald, baritone saxophone. Friday, January 13 BlueShore Financial Centre for the Performing Arts
- How to Apply for Awards for Spring 2017 – Discover funding that you don’t have to pay back! There are many scholarships, bursaries, and awards offered at Capilano University; this workshop will assist you in navigating through all of your options and provide you with the tips, tricks, and skills to ensure that you are ‘in the running’ for free money! The deadline to submit your Spring 2017 award application is January 18. Drop-in to this workshop between 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. Thursday, January 12 Fir Building, Room 213
- Basketball: Capilano University Blues vs. Camosun Chargers – The Capilano University Blues men’s and women’s basketball teams host the Camosun Chargers on Friday, January 13th at 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. Come out to the Sportsplex and support the Blues! Friday, January 12 – Sportsplex.
- Basketball: Capilano University Blues vs. VIU Mariners – The Capilano University Blues men’s and women’s basketball teams host the VIU Mariners on Saturday, January 14th at 12 p.m. and 2 p.m. Come out to the Sportsplex and support the Blues! Saturday, January 14 – Sportsplex.
- Volleyball: Capilano University Blues vs. UFV Cascades – The Capilano University Blues men’s and women’s volleyball teams are hosting the UFV Cascades on Saturday, January 14th at 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. Come on out to the Sportsplex and support the Blues! Saturday, January 14 – Sportsplex.
Submitted by Communications & Marketing