Students in Capilano U’s Illustration/Design: Elements & Applications (IDEA) program continue to reap awards. The latest accolades came at the Society of Graphic Designers of Canada (GDC) National Scholarship Awards. Six of the 15 winners were second-year students in Cap’s IDEA program. Congratulations! They are:
- $1,000 Adobe Award: Alex Bakker and James Cook
- $1,000 Canada Type Award: Alex Bakker
- $250 Canada Type Award: Christopher Winters
- $250 Canada Type Award: James Cook
- $500 Veer Award: Mustaali Raj
- $500 Ray Hrynkow Scholarship: Aaron Campbell
More than 130 graphic design students from across Canada submitted detailed case studies of their best work, including a project brief, rationale and personal statement. Case studies of the winning projects will be featured on the GDC’s website in the coming months. Take a look at Aaron Campbell’s Amnesty Write Campaign project, which earned him the Ray Hrynkow Scholarship.
IDEA students also excelled at the GDC’s recent Salazar Awards, winning four of seven scholarships.
Learn more about the IDEA program.
Submitted by Marketing & Communications