Though we expect winter weather every year, it can be unpredictable. As the temperatures hover below zero, it’s not uncommon to see the campus blanketed in snow. Here are some guidelines and tips that will help you find information about university operations, classes and getting to and from campus in severe weather.
1. Visit our homepage for up-to-date information about campus closures — Capilano University’s website, capilanou.ca, is the official source of closure information. We will post morning updates by 6 a.m. Unless a specific closure message is posted, the university is open.
4. Take a look at other social media channels:
- TransLink’s Facebook and Twitter page
- DriveBC’s Twitter page
- Global BC’s Facebook and Twitter page
- CTV Vancouver’s Facebook and Twitter page
- CBC BC’s Facebook and Twitter page
5. Call the University’s Info Centre at 604.986.1911 — It will be updated along with the website.
6. Listen to the radio or watch the local news — Here are the key media outlets to monitor:
Vancouver traffic – 730 AM
CKNW – 980 AM
CKWX – 1130 AM
BCTV Global (channel 11)
CTV-Vancouver (channel 9)
CBC TV-BC (channel 3)
8. Use alternative transportation — Visit TransLink’s Trip Planner for current schedules and bus routes.
Read more about winter weather preparedness and how to stay safe on the roads.
Submitted by Marketing & Communications