Capilano University’s 30-Day Challenge is launching at the International Student Orientation on September 3 and at the Capilano University Street Party (CUSP) on September 8. Pick up your pledge card at the Sustainability booth to participate.
What is the 30-Day Challenge? We’re asking you and everyone at Cap to choose one sustainability-related activity you’d like to adopt and to stick with it for 30 days. You’ll create a great new habit, plus you’ll be eligible to win prizes!
What will you decide to do each day? (Choose one or more of these new habits.)
- Saving Energy:
- Shutdown and unplug your devices when you’re done: laptop, phone charger and other appliances
- Turn off lights when not in use
- Saving Water:
- Shorten your shower time to five minutes or less
- Eating Well:
- Try to buy local, seasonal and/or organic
- Adopt Meatless Mondays
- Reducing Waste:
- Don’t forget your reusable shopping bags
- Pack and only use a reusable mug or water bottle for beverages
- Active Transportation:
- Bike, walk, or carpool to school or work
Post on social media or email a photo of your completed pledge card to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 9 to be eligible to win one of the following:
- $50 gift card for Mountain Equipment Co-op
- $50 gift card for Superstore
For additional chances to win, post a photo of yourself doing your 30-Day Challenge action to Capilano University’s Sustainability Facebook page or tweet it to us (@sustainCapU) using the hashtag #CapUChallengeAccepted.
Winners will be announced on October 15.
Good luck, and have fun!
Submitted by Marina Van Driel, Sustainability Assistant, Facilities Department
* * *