Did you know that a business degree is one of the most versatile degrees you can earn? Capilano U School of Business grads are making their mark as entrepreneurs and professionals in small and large businesses here in Canada and around the globe. Here are the top 5 reasons to consider applying for one of our business degree, diploma or certificate programs:
1. Land your dream job. At Cap, we believe in making sure you’re career-ready. That’s why we have resources like the Career Services Office, workshops, coaching, portfolio development, career tips on Facebook and Twitter, and networking events. The average salary for a BBA grad in British Columbia is $70,000.*
2. Get a small class experience, exchange big ideas with industry experts. With classes kept at less than 35 students, you’ll be on a first name basis with classmates and instructors alike—and start some inspiring conversations. Did we mention our instructors work in today’s industry and have years of experience? Get ready to exchange some big ideas.
3. Apply your hands-on learning—at home or abroad. We believe that school shouldn’t be limited to the four walls of a classroom. Apply your lessons learned with practical case studies and hands-on projects right here at Cap, like a real world marketing pitch, innovative courses that emphasize emotional intelligence, and on-campus sustainable business initiatives. Or why not try an experience abroad to learn how culture and business mix? Choose from a short-term educational trip (check out our field schools, including a trip to London), or make the jump to a semester-long exchange. Check out what current students are doing on our Study Abroad blog!
4. Join award-winning students and alumni. Imagine being part of a network of innovative thinkers driven to change the face of business. Cap students recently won the Western Canada Business Competition, while alumni Daniel Dubois and Rattan Bagga have both been named the Top 30 Under 30 entrepreneurs in British Columbia by BC Business. You’ll be in great company!
5. Be an active part of your student experience. We know how important a study/life balance is. You’ll get more out of your education by joining our active student association, Capilano University Business Enterprise of Students (CUBES). With annual networking events like Suit Up and Winter Social, you can get involved, build your network and excel in your career.
*(Source: Research Universities Council of BC. 2014 www.rucbc.ca)
* * *
Submitted by Marketing & Communications
- School of Business wins Western Canada Business Competition
- Daniel Dubois: Turning ideas into action
- The international escapades of William Luan
- Great things in store for Graduate Entrance Award winners
- To London with love
- Amina el Mantari: From Morocco to mountain mother
- We are the lucky ones
- Q&A with BBA grad Dennis Pang
- Lee Polychronopoulos: A different route to business school
- Todd Lyons: From backpacker to businessman
- Rattan Bagga: Top 30 Under 30