We are touring campus with our pop-up Instagram booth this week, so come out and show your CapU pride to be entered to win some great prizes! Also, check out a Student Success Workshop for help preparing for those final exams.
- Brand Refresh Instagram Contest – What one word describes the best of your Capilano U experience? Visit our photo booth this week at various locations on campus to enter our Instagram Contest! Share your photo booth image on Instagram by March 3 using the hashtag #MyCapUis + a word describing your Cap U experience and you could win one of three prize packages valued at $150!
- Student Success Workshops – Counselling Services and Learning Skills Services offer a number of free workshops designed to provide you with the skills and tools you need to achieve both personal and academic success. Upcoming workshop:
- ELS Writing: Writing Cohesive Paragraphs – Wednesday, March 1
- Hardwiring Healthy Habits – Wednesday, March 1
- Mindfulness Meditation Group – Thursday, March 2
- Assertiveness Training – Thursday, March 2
- Program information meeting & open houses – Want to learn more about programs at Cap? Attend one of the many open houses, general info nights and program information meetings offered throughout the year! Upcoming sessions:
- Early Childhood Care and Education course planning workshop – Tuesday, February 28
- Global Stewardship Program info meeting – Wednesday, March 1
- Education Assistant Certificate info session – Wednesday, February 8
- Early Childhood Care and Education course planning workshop – Thursday, March 2
- Explore Capilano Info Night – Thursday, March 2
- Free Cap Classics Concert – The Meek Duo performs four-hand works featuring the Brahms Hungarian Dances and Dvorak Slavonic Dances. Scott Meek, piano and Clare Yuan, piano. Friday, March 3, The Blueshore at Cap
- Villalobos Brothers – Masterfully blending the indigenous rhythms and San Jarocho melodies of their native Veracruz with the intricate harmonies of jazz and classical music, the Villalobos Brothers deliver an intoxicating brew of virtuosity and musicality, redefining our notions of Latin music. A trio of virtuoso violinists, singer-songwriters, composers, and arrangers, they have performed at the Latin Grammy Awards, Carnegie Hall, Lincoln Center, John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, the Apollo Theater and many other historic venues. Friday, March 3, The BlueShore at Cap.
Submitted by Communications & Marketing