With students off for reading break, it’s quiet around campus! If you are looking for a great place to study or catch up on some reading, the Capilano University Library is open for business. The cafeteria will also be open all week, so come and take advantage if you are looking to avoid distractions.
- Reading Break — Capilano University’s reading break is from February 14-17. Please check the Capilano University Library website for hours of operation. For further details, please view the complete Academic Schedule.
- Summer 2017 Application Deadline — The application and document deadline for Summer 2017 is Wednesday, February 15 (for Arts & Sciences and School of Business; check other program areas for cohort program deadlines). Complete applications with all required documentation and the application fee must be submitted by this deadline in order to be considered for priority registration for the Summer 2017 term.
- Capilano Universe presents: Stephen Boswell — Strumming Through History: How the Music of the Guitar Echoes Spanish and South American History. From the aristocratic dignity of the early Spanish Renaissance’s strict polyphony to the exotic, virtuosic syncopations of the modern Tango, the Chacarera, and flamenco Soleares, this lecture and musical demonstration traces the diverse course of the guitar in the culture of Spain and South America. This presentation will examine how the politics, church and society of the time and place helped to form the boundaries and eccentricities of the music. Wednesday, February 15, 7 p.m. Lynn Valley Main Library
- Program Information Meetings & Open Houses — Want to learn more about programs at Cap? Attend one of the many open houses, general info nights and program information meetings offered throughout the year! Upcoming sessions:
- Health Care Assistant program info session – Thursday, February 16 (Sunshine Coast Campus)
- Volleyball: Capilano University Blues vs. Douglas College Royals — The Capilano University Blues men’s and women’s volleyball teams host the Douglas College Royals on Saturday, February 18 at 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. Come out to the Sportsplex and support the Blues!
Submitted by Communications & Marketing